THIS CREAMY, RICH VEGETARIAN DISH WILL KEEP YOUR TUMMYS WARM DURING WINTER.
Roasted Cauliflower Stakes with Cashew and Vodka Sauce
Ingredients• 1 jar Pepitas Cashew and Vodka sauce • 1 Large Cauliflower • 1 tsp ground cumin • 1 tsp ground coriander seeds • 1 tsp mustard powder • 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 425 F
- Chop a large cauliflower vertically into thick slices, at least 2cm thick. You might find the outer slices disintegrate into florets but you should get at least 2 steaks from the centre part that hold together.
- Mix together the cumin, coriander, mustard, salt and olive oil in a cup
- Place the cauliflower steaks on a baking tray and brush with the oil and spice mix, making sure all the steak is coated with the oil.
- Cover the steaks with foil or a lid for the 1st 10 minutes, then remove the foil to allow the cauliflower to roast for at least another 15-20 minutes until soft through and the edges are beginning to blacken.
- Heat the Pepitas Cashew & Vodka sauce in a pan or microwave until hot
- Serve the cauli steaks with a generous helping of sauce and fresh veggies