A HEALTHY TWIST ON A CLASSIC MEXICAN DISH!
Big Owl Foods: Pepitas Spicy Capsicum Vegan Pizza
Ingredients• 1 Pouch Spice Owl Chilli Chipotle Beans • 1 cup brown rice • 2 cups water • 1 tsp salt • 1 packet soft flour wraps or tortillas • Lettuce, tomato, Jalapeno chillies, avocado, chilli sauce, vegan mayo or other extras
- Place 2 cups of water in a saucepan then add the salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, then turn the heat down and allow to simmer until the water is all absorbed by the rice. If the rice still feels crunchy, add a little more water and allow this to cook into the rice.
- Empty the pouch of the chilli beans into the rice and stir though. Keep on the heat and keep stirring until the extra liquid has been absorbed and the mixture is of a firm consistency then remove from heat
- Place a large frying pan over the heat then take one of the wraps and warm in the frying pan for 20 seconds each side, pressing down (this makes the wrap flexible and stops it cracking when folded)
- Add a generous spoonful of the chilli and bean mix into the centre of each wrap, then add your preferred extras on top. Be careful not to add to much or you may not be able to fold the wrap!
- Fold in the side of the wrap then roll it to create the classic ‘burrito’ shape, then serve. Wrap in paper or foil to make it easier to eat ‘on the go’.