THIS SIMPLE RECIPE WILL SURELY IMPRESS YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Big Owl Foods: Pepitas Spicy Capsicum Vegan Pizza
Ingredients• 1 Jar Pepitas • 150g self-raising flour • 50 g vegetable fat • 30g Nutritional Yeast • 75 ml nut milk • Pinch salt • 1 tsp mustard powder • 40g cashew nut
- Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F.
- Using a sharp knife, chop the cashew nuts into small pieces, then place on a baking sheet and place in the oven to roast for about 10 minutes. Watch them carefully as they can burn quickly! Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt, nutritional yeast and mustard powder together in a bowl and rub in the fat, then mix in the milk to make a soft dough.
- Combine in the roasted nuts
- Roll out the dough into a sausage shape, then cut into slices, about 2cm thick and place on a lined baking sheet. You don’t want the dumplings to be too large – bite size works best.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until light brown and risen
- Empty the ratatouille into an oven proof tray then Place in the hot oven to heat the ratatouille.
- After about 5 minutes, when nearly hot, arrange the dumplings on the top so that they just sit on the top of the ratatouille (you want them to remain crisp) and place back in the over for 5 more minutes, then serve with green beans or broccoli.